Image Posted on
We’d like to give a huge thank you to those that came to our #SGNFMP November event. The photos are available here. We have also uploaded them to our Facebook page so get tagging! Due to popular demand and the success of November’s event, we have decided to expand our capacity for the new year and invite an extra special guest, Sarah Akwisombe (We Are The Million) to come and share her music industry experience and secrets of success with us all (see below).
If you don’t have the resources to reach your musical dreams, then this is the place to be.
You will meet fellow music professionals and build a network of all the right people.
You’ll chat with those already in the business and those looking to help you break the industry together.
Will I find the right people?
Yes. Vocalists, band musicians, managers, producers, A&R and other many others already in the industry will be there.
Will it cost a bomb?
No, you’ll only pay £7.50 a ticket. Priceless marketing for you and your talent.
Where will it be held?
At an exclusive location in Shoreditch. The perfect place to grab a drink, share stories and swap business cards.
Will I waste my time talking to people I don’t want to?
No. You’ll be given a badge with your name and job title, so you’ll know immediately who to approach, and who not to.
What will I need?
Nothing. Just a ton of business cards to share.
What do I need to do?
Click ‘Buy Now’ and get yourself a ticket to this fantastic opportunity!
To find out more about us, visit: http://myeventbucket.com/
To find out more about UK Music Jobs, visit: http://uk.music-jobs.com/
- November Newsletter: Our Plans For 2014 #eventprofs (myeventbucket.com)
- #Network Your Way To Your Next Big #Music Project @ukmusicjobs (myeventbucket.com)
- Strictly Go Networking Is Sold Out (myeventbucket.com)
- Strictly Go #Networking For #Music Professionals @ukmusicjobs (myeventbucket.com)
- Brands pump £100m into UK music biz (theguardian.com)
- Music conference draws top figures to the North East (thejournal.co.uk)
- £4m lottery fund for UK’s biggest-ever music outreach programme (musicweek.com)
- Using Social #Media to enhance your #Music Career @ukmusicjobs (myeventbucket.com)
- Get your brand in front of the UK music industry for a full year (musicweek.com)
Image Posted on
When it comes to dating, not many of us manage to organize anything more interesting than watching a movie or eating out. There are lots of ideas on how you can turn your date into a brilliant night which you will both remember. Just switch on your imagination and think outside the box. Here are some hints on how you can create a unique dating experience.
1. Date on the roof: It’s romantic, unusual and not that difficult to organize! Do some research and find a local rooftop bar. There’s plenty in London! What could be more romantic? Grab your headphones, give one to her and dance under the stars all night.
2. Rent a limousine: Cars are not only a means of transportation but the way to a good time! Rent a cool car for a couple of hours and spend time enjoying the ride whilst talking, laughing and having fun. Just prepare some food and drinks to make the ride more enjoyable.
3. Go to the theater or listen to opera: Get dressed classically and spend the evening with an aristocratic spirit. In our age of jeans, movies and games it will make a big difference.
4. Go extreme! Try parachute jumping, skydiving or bungee jumping. This will give you the chance to try something new. The adrenaline you both get will bring you closer to each other. Just a little hint: Get to know the girl’s preferences beforehand. Not every girl will agree to extreme stuff like this.
5. Take some classes together: Try painting, dancing, ceramics… Anything you like! It will help you to find more common interests and create a lot of positive emotions. And who knows? Maybe you will continue with your new hobby together?
6. Go to a foreign cuisine and try something you have both never tried: Do some research and get to the most authentic place you can find. The evening can be continued with the same unusual music and maybe a movie after.
7. Go to the art gallery or hang around in the bookstore: If your date loves art then this will surprise her. You’ll have the chance to learn more about modern art as well as show her that you share common interests.
8. Go exercising together! Maybe bungee jumping is too extreme, but your date will unlikely refuse a simple working out like hiking or going to the gym. The competitive spirit will stimulate endorphins and you will both have a wonderful time. Moreover, if you over train, there’ll be an excuse to go to the spa together the next day!
9. Go to a live concert: If your date’s favourite band is in town, simply grab some tickets and surprise her. What could be better than spending two hours dancing and shouting out your favorite songs together?
10. Spend the day at the beach: If you want a relaxed day with warm conversations, then make a picnic at the seaside! The sun will make you feel more relaxed and comfortable and this is perfect to spend the night in the same romantic way.
By Paul Smith from Miami who writes best paper writing service reviews.
He also is excited about creating guest posts on various other topics including sports, relationships, lifestyle and social media. For any questions, contact Paul at Google+
Image Posted on
Speed Dating is becoming increasingly popular in London. More and more companies are entering the ‘dating’ market and some organisations such as LoveStruck have even branched out to other cities up and down the country. Speed Dating events are even appearing in some of the smaller County-based towns such as Watford and St Albans to name a few. But why is this particular style of event becoming so popular? Is it just a ‘fad?’
Whether you prefer online dating or real-life interaction, this article will briefly cover the pros and cons of Speed Dating and equip you with a few tools to help you get the best out of your experience.
Firstly, why is Speed Dating so popular in London? Well, the usual economic rule of ‘supply and demand’ is partly to blame. Living in an over-populated and fast-moving city where career ambitions often come first can sometimes leave people in a situation where they struggle to meet new and potential partners. In a city where there are over £1.2 million singletons, Speed Dating can offer a fun and easy way to get you out of the house where you can shamelessly meet other singletons of your age in a fun and relaxing setting. This can also help to take away the approach anxiety not to mention the vast choice and variety of people that attend!
How much does Speed Dating cost? This varies on the company and the experience on offer. There are numerous companies out there each offering a slightly different experience with tickets ranging from as cheap as £10 right the way up to £30 for a ticket. The more expensive tickets sometimes include a drink or a form of activity such as bowling where the intention is to get people engaging with each other in new and exciting ways. This is perfect for people that prefer to do activities or that share a similar interest.
The Pros & Cons
- Speed Dating can be a fun and memorable experience with a ‘game-like’ setting.
- Introverts and Extroverts are both welcome. You don’t have to bring friends but you can if you wish!
- You will get the chance to meet a variety of different people.
- 5 minutes is plenty of time to work out whether you ‘click’ with somebody. And if you don’t, it is fast enough to escape!
- Great for social anxiety as you are forced into social situations.
- You will find lots of good looking people. Those old age assumptions of ‘only ugly people go speed dating’ are SO wrong.
- You KNOW that 99% of attendees are single so you could meet that ‘special one’ or at worst, make a new friend.
- There is a chance to mingle with your ‘matches’ after the rotation is over.
- The venues are quite often luxurious…
- The drinks can sometimes be expensive depending on the venue…
- 5 minutes just isn’t enough for some people.
- You may have to attend more than one event to meet a potential date.
- You still HAVE to make a move. If you like somebody, you have to come right out and say it. Some people can find this concept hard to grasp when they first start out…
- It can be nerve-wracking the first time you try it.
- There is no guarantee that you will click with somebody.
- Someone may steal your number one match or they might not find you attractive.
Making the Most of It
OK. So you have read the pros and cons of Speed Dating. What did you think? To conclude, here is why you should try it, and how you can maximise your opportunities once you have bought that ticket!
Rule Number 1: Enjoy yourself and remove any expectations
The biggest mistake you can make on any date is to go in with a high expectation of yourself and your partner. This will make you nervous easier and you may come across as clingy or demanding. By creating the inner rule of ‘I’m just going for a laugh,’ you will demonstrate your higher self which is far more attractive. The chances of you getting that phone number are also much higher.
Rule Number 2: The Phone Number Won’t Magic Itself Into Your Contact List. JUST ASK.
So many people think that because they are at a speed dating event, they don’t need to make an effort. They couldn’t possibly be more wrong. If you think you may have a ‘connection,’ then take a risk and ask for that phone number or even a second date. If you don’t ask, you don’t get! Simple.
Rule Number 3: Cut Back On The Booze
If you drink too much, your performance will slack. Keep it calm and stay level headed. Have a glass of wine followed by a glass of lemonade. Drinking too much can ruin your experience.
If you do have any more questions, then please feel free to Tweet us @MyEventBucket.
We are happy to help.
The MyEventBucket Team
- Dating in the Fast Lane: How communication predicts speed-dating success (ttunonverbalcoms.wordpress.com)
- The Dating Report: Speed Dating (smmirror.com)
- SPEED DATING @ TUNNEL: October Thursday 24th (cre8eventsteam.wordpress.com)
- Speed Dating and Dancing (backtothedatinggame.wordpress.com)